Arlington, MA disability company is seeking a part-time, entry-level intake professional for our Social Security Disability practice. This position is primarily responsible for performing intake of new clients. Additional responsibilities include processing of engagement paperwork, taking client medical histories, performing case development, and administrative tasks as needed.
A bright disposition and empathetic ear are both highly desirable and ability to maintain a calm and professional demeanor over the phone in all situations is a cornerstone of this position. A successful candidate will be organized, possess great attention to detail, willing to learn, and motivated to make the position theirs.
Candidates for this position can expect to gain the following experience:
* Contacting prospective clients who have inquired about disability representation, explaining how the company represents individuals before SSA, sending engagement documents, and processing completed engagement packages.
* Interacting with Social Security staff to obtain status information, resolve case issues, and to ensure proper receipt and filing of medical evidence and other documents.
* Handling phone contacts from clients, prospects, medical offices, and Social Security.
* Providing primary client contact, providing claimants with status updates, and working to understand and resolve basic client issues in a timely manner.
* Learning to interview clients regarding their medical conditions, medical history, and basic financial issues.
* Learning when to be a sympathetic shoulder to lean on and when to be assertive with clients
– Bachelor’s degree or comparable experience
– Strong desire to assist those in need
– Excellent oral and written communication skills
– Ability to prioritize and multi-task and to meet deadlines. Able to work at a fast pace. Attention to detail and organizational skills are essential.
– Excellent computer skills including familiarity with Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
Job starts out part-time but is expected to grow to full-time. Flexible hours available. Spanish fluency a plus, but not required. Position is at-will.
Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org